Centre Administration Information
Information for Registering of Athletes
All Centres are required to use an online registration console and Centres have the option of using RegistrationsHQ or GameDay (formally SportsTG). Centres should be aware there are costs associated with using RegistrationsHQ in Timing Solutions.
The Association will not accept any Centre sending in their registrations in hard copy form for LAQ to enter the data.
If you have any queries regarding the Online Registration System, it is extremely important that you contact the Association Office on (07) 3892 9400.
The preferred payment method for registrations is online payment through GameDay or RegistrationsHQ.
For Centre’s that are still receiving manual payments at the Centre. You will just need to ensure that payment is made regularly to LAQ.
In 2017, the Association introduced strict guidelines to ensure that all payment for registrations is up to date throughout the season and ensure all Centre athletes are financial.
At the end of each month, LAQ will perform a reconciliation and Centres with significantly outstanding
registrations or payments will have 2 weeks to rectify any discrepancies. Failure to do this will result in:
– An administration charge of $220 plus $1.10 per athlete (incl. GST) on top of the required registration payment
– No further stationery being supplied to the Centre until the discrepancy has been corrected and the appropriate payment made
– Insurance coverage for your Centre and its athletes WILL NOT be available
– Your Centre and athletes will have no participation in LAQ activities including development opportunities and competitions. This includes all Regional and State competitions.
Centres that use registration forms to sign up athletes should keep these forms on file in case any issues arise.
The athlete information from these forms will need to be added into the Centres online registration database manually.
The registration form can be downloaded here or pads of 50 can be ordered through the stationary form.
For Centres using GameDay you will need to add any manual registrations within 2 weeks of receiving the registration.
Little Athletics Queensland does not invoice Centres for registration payment. It is up to the Centre to calculate the total fee payable to the Association for the relevant registrations at the end of each month. When payment has been received for registrations by the LAQ office a tax invoice/receipt will be issued to the Centre.
If your Centre is unable to calculate the amount owed to the Association, it is extremely important that you contact the Association Office and we will assist you.
The athlete registration fees for 2023 / 2024 are:
Tiny Tots $ 48
U6-U17 $ 80
The above fees include GST.
The annual Centre Registration Fee should be set prior to the start of each season by the Centre Management Committee.
On registration days it is easiest to have a number of registration tables (depending upon the size of the Centre). It is important that:
– All new athletes are offered the opportunity of a two week trial
– Any registration payment that is received at the Centre should be receipted at the time it is received
– If manual registration forms are being completed then make sure that information on the registration form is accurate and the parent declaration is signed
– Registration Numbers and Age Labels are issued to all athletes (including Tiny Tots)
Every child who wishes to compete at Centre level or any Association Championship / Carnival must register online or complete a Registration Form (including Tiny Tots).
Registrars must sight a satisfactory proof of age documentation. This is to be sighted within 28 days of first joining.
Acceptable forms of proof of age are:
– Birth certificate, full or extract
– Current passport
– Notification of birth registration
– Baptism certificate
– A statutory declaration may be made as an absolute last resort
All Centres must offer the option of a two week trial period at any time throughout the respective Centre’s competition season to new members seeking registration. After this time the child must either complete the registration formalities or not participate any further in Centre activities.
The Registration Form is downloadable here.
Anyone wishing to avail themselves of the facility must complete the details on a Trialist Form. These forms are held by the Registrar until a decision is made on registering. Should the child choose to register, they must then register online or fill out a Registration Form. Should the child not register, the Trialist sheet is to be retained by the Registrar and forwarded to the Association at the end of the Season.
Centres may only change a maximum of $10 per week for Trialists. This fee is to be deducted from the individual’s registration fee if registering. This fee is non-refundable for individuals not wishing to registrar.
An athlete’s age group is determined according to the Registration Ages Table. Please refer to this table for details on Tiny Tot registrations.
Athletes must stay within their assigned age groups throughout the season with the exception of the Tiny Tot athlete who can register as an U6 as soon as they turn 5.
A receipt must be issued at the time money is paid for fees. The registration fee is compromised of the Association’s fee and your Centre Fee.
If a child is registered with one Centre for the current season and wishes to transfer to a different Centre in the same season, a Notice for Clearance & Transfer Between Centres Form must be completed. This also applies if an athlete is transferring interstate. A Notice for Clearance & Transfer Between Centres Form can be found here.
Unless this form is completed by both the losing and gaining centre the athlete will not be eligible to represent his/her new Centre.
No extra fee is payable to LAQ for the transfer of registrations, interstate or otherwise.
The steps involved in submitting a transfer are:
– The Little Athlete requests the losing Centre Registrar to complete the Notice for Clearance & Transfer Between Centres Form
– The Little Athlete will then be required to complete a Registration Form for his/her new centre
– The gaining Centre may elect to charge a Centre fee
– The gaining Centre Registrar completes the Notice of Clearance & Transfer Between Centres Form which will be automatically emailed to them after the losing Centre completes the online form.
– A new registration number is allocated from the gaining Centre
The Association supplies each Centre’s sign-on stationery. The stationery supplied is always based on last season’s registrations. Sign-on stationery is designed to get each Centre through their first sign-on.
Additional stationery can be ordered by this form, if required.
A registration number must be issued to all registered athletes, including Tiny Tots and recorded on their registration form and in the Online Registration system. To reduce wastage, registration numbers are to be
issued in sequential order.
If an athlete is re-registering with your Centre they may keep the same registration number, provided that LAQ has not changed sponsors.
LAQ now has smaller registration numbers for crop tops and Centres will just need to provide advice in writing of the registration numbers that are required.
The appropriate age label is issued as per the Registration Ages Table.
If an athlete loses his/her registration number Centres are permitted to issue another number. Details of the lost number and the replacement number are to be advised to the Association in writing.
Additional Centre stationery is available upon request from the Association Office. Stationery order forms are available here.
Stationery is generally available for immediate dispatch from the Association Office.